Wednesday 7 December 2011

Nature Walks






We've been staying with my parents for a few days now and adjusting to the quiet life on a gulf island. It's so green and lush here and today the sky is so blue. Out the window I can see the green of the trees and the blue of the ocean and sky. Not bad, not bad at all. Lily and I took a jaunt down to the beach to get some fresh air. This is one of our favourite family activities but especially here. It doesn't matter if Lily is in the worst mood ever, as soon as we get outside she is as quiet as a mouse, just staring out into the quiet of the wilderness. She can feel the peace and stillness coming from the trees. It is so lovely to see her looking all around and trying to take everything in. We walk by a few of the neighbours houses, smoke coming from their chimneys as their wood stove is burning to keep them warm. More often than not we encounter a deer or two but other than that it is pretty quiet. Just Lily and I to keep each other company. Hubby will be joining us in a few days when he is done his exams and I can't wait to go on many more family walks.

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! Look at you two in your cozy knitted hats! I miss those little rosy cheeks. I wish I was there to hang on Gabe! There's nothing quite like the West Coast nature. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My darling family! I can't wait to see you. Make sure to save some walks for me.

    ReplyDelete