Tuesday 2 August 2011

And Lily makes three



Just as the sun was coming up on a calm morning in January, our Lily came into this world. She was born after 24 hours of labour at 7:27am on the morning of her due date. We were lucky enough to have a home birth, and to have the amazing support of our loving family and midwives. In total their were 8 people in our little bedroom at the time of her birth. Just enough people to have one person putting a cloth on my forehead (my mom), one taking pictures(my dad), one rooting me on (my mother-in-law), one wrapping their arms around me(my love dan), one student midwife watching intently and two midwives working their magic to get my baby out safe and happy. Overall, it was a magical experience, challenging both mentally and physically, but incredibly worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited for this blog!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, this is a LOVELY blog! I'm so impressed and can hardly wait to read the next post. Beautiful photos, great writing and beautiful content. Of course, the amazing photos of sweet Lily are my favourite. biggest of love from one of your greatest fans.
    xo
    mama/nana

    ReplyDelete