Wednesday 10 August 2011

Summer Lovin'



Our fantastic 50 SPF sun umbrella

We brought her stroller bassinet, which worked perfectly for playing under the table during the reception.

My loves.
My solution for keeping her quiet during the ceremony, although I spent most of it looking into her eyes.
Lily with her Nana, wearing her lovely locally handmade dress.
I don't know what I would do without my Ergo Carrier, or my gorgeous husband.
We came back just in time to celebrate my birthday.


I adore summer, and this weekend was the perfect summer weekend. We drove about an hour away to Providence Farm, where our dear friends Peter and Tessa were getting married. The wedding was outside and the weather was absolutely perfect. We decided to take the opportunity to make it a mini family vacation and camped for two nights. It also happened to be the weekend of our first wedding anniversary. It was our first time camping as a family, and more importantly, our first time camping with a baby. I have to admit, it was a bit trickier than the days of just packing on the fly and heading out for the weekend. We had to be calculated in our packing decisions and make sure we had all of the baby essentials.


  1. Our big beach umbrella, it was really hot and sunny, so making sure Lily had shade was essential.
  2. Our highchair, somewhere that she could safely sit, play, and eat. Luckily, ours comes apart really easily, so it wasn't a big deal to pack.
  3. Cloth diapers, wipes, wetbags etc. thankfully we were only gone three days, so we didn't need to put Lily in disposables.
  4. Warm clothes, here on the westcoast, even in the middle of August it gets chilly at night. 
  5. Lily's gorgeous merino wool and organic cotton Wee Woolies sleep sac, super warm and locally made.
  6. Sunscreen, and lots of it. I love Badger brand, non-toxic and safe for babies. 
  7. Obviously a good waterproof (you never know!) tent and all the other regular camping gear.         
It was so nice to get away, and have some time together as a family. We kept Lily up a little later than usual, forgot about any "routine" and just enjoyed our little family. Hopefully there will be lots more camping trips to come.

1 comment:

  1. This is the best! I popped in because I missed you guys and this is so great. You all are so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete