Wednesday 14 September 2011

Back to School Baking


It was (hubby) Dan's first week back at school, so I decided to make some "healthy" treats he could easily take to school. I made Rebar's banana bread with walnuts and wheatgerm, so good. Dan likes his with a bit of peanut butter on it, yum. (sorry no link to the recipe online, let me know if you want me to post it from my recipe book?)

Then we made homemade granola bars from Smitten Kitchen, ours are made with unsweetened coconut, local hazelnuts, cranberries, and raw cashews. We omit the sugar from the recipe and used honey instead of corn syrup and they ended up being a bit crumbly, but still really tasty and sweet enough. I think these would be really great "treats" to pack in kids lunches.

1 comment:

  1. I was just about to do a post on back to school baking too! I'll have to try these, those granola bars look amazing.

    ReplyDelete