Wednesday 7 September 2011

Labour day weekend.

 It was the last weekend before Dan went back to school, the last hurrah if you will. So I thought I would share with you what we did. We had a really low key weekend, my brother and his fiance came to visit (Yay!) and we just hung out in our lovely neighbourhood. Dan baked this gorgeous and delicious french bread, our theory is that white bread is okay as long as you bake it yourself (right?). This one is from Smitten Kitchen (of course.)
 Sunday morning I baked cinnamon buns, so we could have them straight from the oven when my brother arrived. We baked them with a sifted wheat, sort of like a whole wheat, but that still didn't make up for all of the butter in them....mmm... butter.
 We went for a walk on the "breeze way" as we call it, one of our favourite spots to walk. It was a lovely sunny day and I just can't get enough of walking along the ocean. Dan and my brother Jules were probably talking about some sci-fi book they just read.
We went for a bike ride to the park and on the way we found this awesome free toy on the side of the road! I love our neighbourhood, when someone is done with something, they put it out with a "FREE" sign and the next person gets to enjoy it. Thats is folks, Dan is back to school today, and the summer fun is over. BUT, that just means it is time for some fall and winter fun. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. You are SO cool! I haven't been cinnamon buns in forever, maybe that will be my weekend baking project. Such a good toy, I love free things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *been for some reason should say made. (?)

    ReplyDelete