Friday 2 September 2011

August Baking Hall of Fame

 




I had barely opened an oven 16 months ago, but now I bake almost daily. Something happend to me when I was pregnant, I got obsessed with everything baking. I guess I really value being able to give my children treats that are made with whole, organic ingredients that I baked with myself (and with the help of my Kitchen Aid mixer). Before Lily was born, we would spend at least $5.00 a week on a loaf of locally baked organic bread, well no more. I am going to be baking bread for our family once a week (or more), not only will it save us money, but it is so fun! Bread will just be added to the general roster of cookies, cakes, pies, muffins and scones that I bake regularly. Okay, so it seems like the butter content is really adding up, but for me, it's worth it (I'll try and walk/bike it off!). Here are a few of the things I've baked this month (some of which I've already shown) : Pickles & Ice Cream sugar cookies (recipe from Bakeat350), Apple and Cheddar Scones (recipe from SmittenKitchen) Bittersweet Chocolate and Pear Cake (recipe from SmittenKitchen), Salted White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies (recipe from SmittenKitchen), Oatmeal Pancakes (recipe from SmittenKitchen) Jalepeno-Cheddar Scones (recipe from SmittenKitchen), Oatmeal Sandwich Bread (recipe from Orangette). I know my friend over at Fint & Dejlig makes a mean Cowboy cookie, what are your favourite recipes? I would love to hear!

4 comments:

  1. You're amazing! All these look delicious. I want some of those scones right now, please. I should have added learning to flood cookies to my fall goals. I'm so excited to get into bread making! I'll try this recipe next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this looks so so amazing. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks friends! You are all amazing too!

    ReplyDelete