Saturday 5 November 2011

Pumpkin Party

homemade candy apples

spooky goat cheese



apple cider

family pumpkins

Lily's garden gnome costume


my gentleman costume
My (great) friend Elaina had a Martha-esque pumpkin party which was perfect for our little family, considering nights aren't really the main "party" time anymore. We ate kettle corn, smoky yam and garlic soup, candy apples, candy corn, spooky looking goat cheese and drank orange soda and hot apple cider. We all brought a pumpkin (or three) to carve and Elaina supplied all the tools. It was the epitome of Halloween to me and probably the best Halloween I've ever had. Lily dressed up as a garden gnome equipped with a super cute apron that her Nana made her and a gnome hat which her mom (thats me!) hot glued. Who knew it was so easy to handmake a Halloween costume! I happened to have a mustache on a stick (what?!) so I went as a gentleman. On halloween night we handed out candy to cute little kids (penguins and robots and pink princesses!)  which I had never done before and it was super fun! We had about fifty kids come to the door, I was tempted to give them healthy treats but I decided I didn't want to be known as "that" mom, so we handed out mini chocolate bars. Halloween with kids makes it ten times more fun. Hoping for twenty times more fun next year!



2 comments:

  1. mmmm. those rainforest crisps make my heart ache for home. And Lily's costume is amazing. Love love Hallowe'en.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I had a great Halloween too!

    Nic - we should try making some Rainforest crisps!

    ReplyDelete