Monday 7 November 2011

Thrifty Mom Weekend Uniform

Mom Weekend Uniform


I absolutely love thrift store shopping, it feels like treasure hunting. It also fits with my "consume less, reuse more" values. You can pick up some really great items for cheap. Honestly though, I think I would try and buy used clothing even if it was the same price. Here are the pros: you are far more likely to find unique items, you feel like you won the jackpot when you find something you love, you are saving money and you are buying clothing that have already been purchased new; therefore reducing the overall effect of consumerism. I love to buy made in North America, ethically sourced (hemp, organic cotton, recycled materials etc.) clothing but honestly, it is bloody expensive and hard to find a large variety. If I buy used, I feel like I can buy whatever I want because I'm not buying it new. Here's what I am wearing out for a walk on a cold fall day: Frye "Veronica Slouch" boots (these are not thrifted but purchase about 4 years ago), Hue tights, Smart wool socks, my husbands old jeans cut into shorts, a Laura by Topshop thrifted top ($8.50), a Banana Republic merino wool cardigan, thrifted ($29), a Gap olive green jacket, thrifted ($16.50) and lastly a super old Zara scarf.


2 comments:

  1. Cute! I love these mama and baby style posts. I have to find some good thrift stores here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. total babe!!! -zo

    ReplyDelete