Tuesday 1 November 2011

Pumpkin Pie from Scratch.

happy b-day my friend!

mmm.. perfect consistency.

there wasn't much left by the time I got to photograph it.

I completed one of my fall intentions. I made pumpkin pie from scratch and it wasn't that hard! It was my dear friend Elaina's birthday and we had a lovely dinner together and for dessert, a homemade from scratch pumpkin pie. I used the Joy of Baking recipe for this, but I think most recipes are very similar so any will do. We purchased our pumpkin pie pumpkin, a bit sweeter than a regular pumpkin, at our local farmers market. It didn't take long to make and it was super delicious. I think I might get a few more pumpkins to puree and freeze so I can have pumpkin pie from scratch all year!

1 comment:

  1. You are the best! Thanks again for an amazing birthday dinner (& pie!). xo

    ReplyDelete