Monday 24 October 2011

Apple Picking


Nothing better than a fresh picked apple

Lily loved them too!


Just one of the three huge bushels of apples we picked.
This post is a little late but a few weeks ago we went apple picking. Our original plan was to go out to a farm and pick apples and pay for whatever we picked, then I started noticing apples everywhere I looked. Every other neighbour had a tree full of apples! I put the word out that we were looking to come and pick apples and luckily our friends parents had a tree ripe for the picking. We packed up our baskets and a ladder and honestly within twenty minutes of picking apples we had three baskets overflowing with ripe organic apples, yet the tree looked like it hadn't even been touched. These were seriously the best apples I have ever tasted in my life. AH-mazing! We made applesauce, apple pie, apple muffins and cut and froze a ton of apples for the winter. I wish I knew how to can otherwise I would have canned a ton of readymade apple pie filling, maybe next year. A huge thank you to Elliot's parents for letting us pick their apples. How amazing that you can grow organic apples on a tree in your yard for many to enjoy for years. We will definitely be planting an apple tree if we ever when we buy a house of our own. When I think of fall I always think of apples, you?



5 comments:

  1. It says the video is private, but I want to see it real bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is the cutest baby ever made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma Suse and I just looked at photos and watched the video while talking on the phone - how wonderful to be able to 'catch up' with you, Dan Lily in 'baby world'. Precious, precious, precious!!!
    I'll check in regularly, Love to you all, Tamas and Col

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm new to the world of blogs so somehow I've shown up as 'unknown' - I'll get with the program and try again Col

    ReplyDelete