Friday 14 October 2011

Knitting Project: Family Hats

knit on two needles using short rows.

Lily's completed hat

My matching one, the size is the "4 year old" size on the pattern. hmmm.



Noro Kochoran wool, amazing!

The completed hat, so lovely and warm.
One of my fall intentions was to knit the family some hats for winter. So far I've completed two for Lily and one for myself. I am still hoping to get another one for myself done, one for Dan (hubs) done and maybe one more for Lily (I like to have options!). The first set of hats I did were the "Aviatrix" hats, pattern from Ravelry. I made these for under our helmets because my ears get really cold and sore in the wind and I am just assuming Lily's will too. They were a bit challenging at first because I had never done short rows before but I'm super glad I learned (now onto some socks!). The second hat I knit was from this blog, I saw it and could not resist, I went out that day and bought the yard it called for. I am so glad I splurged on this yard, it is incredibly gorgeous. I actually bought two big skeins so that I can knit one for myself and one for hubs. I am actually a pretty novice knitter so there was lots to learn with this pattern; knitting on double pointed needles, I-cords, picking up stitches (it came out a little short in front). I'm really happy with how it turned out, I think this will be our go to hat this winter.  I'll let you know what I come up with for the next set of family hats, any amazing hat patterns you know of?

1 comment:

  1. Pffh, novice knitter. These look so great! You havvvve to teach me how to do socks.

    ReplyDelete